What size is a double bed?
A double bed is 135cm (4ft6) in width and 190cm (6ft3) in length, making them 18 inches wider than a single. The additional space makes them great for couples, or for a solo sleeper who will benefit from more room in the night. Beds will occupy a large amount of floor space; therefore, it is essential that you get the right size for your home and yourself. With this in mind, we also handmake small double beds. These measure at 120cm (4ft) in width; this is 15cm (6 inches) narrower than a standard double, making them ideal for a smaller room. Nevertheless, they are still spacious enough for two people. However, If you have more than enough floor space, why not go for a king or super king-size.
What types of double beds are there?
- Unfortunately, we are all not blessed with a room large enough for wardrobes and other bedroom furniture, that should not mean we should miss out on storage space! With an Ottoman, storage is offered under where the mattress sits. The underbed space can be used to store away items, maximising the floor space available, so if your bedroom is small and you're not sure if you will be able to fit a double bed, an ottoman bed can be a great solution.
- Divan beds are the most popular choice available. This is because they can suit a wide range of interiors while offering practical storage solutions. A double divan bed also allows you to have a different choice when it comes to style and colour. For example, a neutral velvet bed frame adds a chic feel to any bedroom, whereas a darker fabric bed will complement any colour scheme.
Choosing your double bed style
The style and design you opt for can be just as important as the functionality and type. All of our beds are available in a wide range of colours, styles and designs.
- While all our bed frames are long-lasting and sturdy, linen upholstered beds feel exceptionally luxurious. They can fit a multitude of designs and will make a great statement piece in your bedroom.
- A velvet bed can fit into any bedroom style, particularly more on-trend styles such as chic bedrooms, as well as the more classic or traditional look.
- Faux leather is a great fabric choice for those who want a more contemporary and modern style without paying the price for real leather.
Can you get good value for money?
If you are on a tight budget or looking for a bed for a guest room, you will probably want one that fits your budget. With Winston's Beds, this doesn't mean you have to settle for a bed which is lacking in quality. Our ottoman and divan bed frames are a great choice as they are well built using solid timber wood, functional, do the job they are required to do and last upwards of 15 years. We have plenty of options that are incredibly luxurious featuring headboards, beautiful finishing details and great storage systems.
What mattress can be used with Winston's double beds?
To have the best possible sleeping experience, when purchasing a double bed frame from us, you should select a double mattress to suit. There's plenty of choices available, such as natural, latex, pocket sprung and pillow top mattresses. At Winston's we understand that choosing the right bed for your home is an important decision. For this very reason, our team is committed to providing you with great value, comfortable mattresses and beds that will give you the best night's sleep every night.
Our helpful team of Sleep experts are ready to help you find the best bed and mattress for your requirements. Please chat with us now by clicking here.