What is a pocket spring mattress?
Pocket spring mattresses contain individually wrapped springs that sit within a fabric pocket. Unlike a standard spring, the springs are not joined together; meaning each spring will move independently from one another. This provides advanced support by adjusting to the contours of your body, resulting in greater levels of support and comfort for each person sleeping on the mattress. They also have a higher spring count than other types of mattresses.
The benefits of pocket spring mattresses?
Here at Winston's Beds, we promise you will remain comfortable throughout the night. How do we do this? Well at Winston's we have the recipe for the four most significant benefits that every great mattress requires for a great night sleep!
- The wrapped springs will give you peace of mind knowing that you have full support to your back and joints
- Pressure points are gently cradled by our patented 7 zoned 3d micro springs
- They prevent you and your partner from rolling together, which is usually hard to avoid with other mattresses
- Consistent firmness
How to choose the best pocket spring mattress comfort grade
Our mattresses are available in a variety of comfort grades, choosing which comfort grade is the best for you will depend on your weight and sleeping position.
- Soft mattresses are best for those who weigh up to 11 stones and are side sleepers. The soft comfort grade offers the most cushioning. We advise a soft for side sleepers, due to their pressure points being in their hips and elbows.
- A medium comfort grade offers both cushioning and support. At Winston's Beds, we recommend a medium for both back and front sleepers, as it helps the spine keep its natural alignment. Medium comfort grade mattresses are ideal for users who weigh between 11 to 16 stones.
- A firm tension is highly recommended for back sleepers; firm tension mattresses offer the most support to the spine and are perfect for anyone who weighs 16 stones and above.
What size pocket spring mattress should I get?
As our pocket spring beds are such a sought-after option, we have it available in every size from 3'0 single to a 6'0 super king. The average king size pocket sprung mattress is 5'0 wide and 200cm long. However, a standard pocket sprung double mattress is 4'6 wide and 190cm in length. The size you choose will also depend on how much space you have in your bedroom. Choose a bed that will give you enough space to walk around while providing ample room to sleep comfortably.
We offer our beds in the following sizes:
- 3'0 Single
- 4'0 Small Double
- 4'6 Double
- 5'0 King
- 6'0 Super King
- King Zip & Link
- Super King Zip & Link
For more information, read our pocket spring guide, or for more information about any of our luxurious products, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. You can contact our friendly sales team via our live webchat.