What are the benefits of a soft mattress?
Soft mattresses are a huge part of our lives and make a big difference in the quality of sleep you will get.
- They are ideal for those who weigh up to 11 stones as they don't need the support a firmer mattress would provide.
- They help improve your posture by keeping your body straighter and spine healthy.
- Will prevent your lower back from collapsing and allowing you to inhale more oxygen while you're sleeping.
- Reduces the pressure on your circulation system, allowing blood to flow better throughout your body, especially for side sleepers.
- A soft tension mattress is essential for those who have difficulty falling asleep at bedtime; an extra soft mattress can be more comforting and aid with nodding off.
What types are there?
From pocket sprung to latex, our range comes in a variety of types and designs to suit all requirements. Whether you prefer something you can sink into or ones that hold your body up, the volume on offer will give you the key to unlocking the perfect night's sleep. Natural mattresses are one of the most popular types available as they offer a luxurious touch, further enhancing the comfort and sophistication of your mattress.
- Pocket spring mattresses are generally considered more traditional and higher-end than memory foam or bonnel spring. Our most significant components are our luxury natural fillings and 3d patented micro springs.
- These are one of our most popular types, built from a pocket spring foundation and the all-important pillow top layer which offer superior levels of comfort and support
Is a soft mattress good for your back?
A common misconception is the belief that a firm tension is always better for back and hip pain. Many users fear that a soft comfort grade is linked to a bad back. This is an urban legend and has been debunked through years of research which shows one of the best comfort grades for back and hip pain is a soft tension, as they conform to the natural curves of the body and provide support to the spine.
Are soft mattresses good for side sleepers?
They are perfect for creating a comfortable sleeping surface for those who sleep on their side, as they keep your spine correctly aligned whilst you sleep. Thus allowing your hips and shoulders to sink deeper into the mattress; therefore, you are more likely to get a relaxed and restful night's sleep.
Is a soft mattress right for children?
Yes, it is perfectly suitable for children. As a child's bones are still growing, a softer mattress will aid with their spine alignment and posture.
If you are still confused and need further advice, then please do not hesitate to contact us now through our live web-chat.
Read our mattress tension guide to help you decide what mattress tension is best for you.